Children’s Law Center Board Elects New Chair, Appoints Directors
Corporate and Legal Leaders Share Passionate Commitment to DC’s Most Vulnerable Children
WASHINGTON, DC – Children’s Law Center, DC’s largest non-profit law firm fighting for children who are abused and neglect or have special education or health needs, today announced the appointment of a new chair and several new members to its Board of Directors.
Newly elected Board Chair Theodore “Ted” Segal is a partner at the law firm Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young, LLP, where he leads the Corporate and Securities Practice Group and is a member of the firm’s Board of Directors and Strategic Planning Committee. He also is an adjunct professor at the Georgetown University Law Center. Ted joined Children’s Law Center’s Board of Directors in 2013 and was co-chair of the organization’s Helping Children Soar Gala in 2014.
“Ted is a strategic leader with a big heart and I am thrilled to have him lead the Board,” said Judith Sandalow, Executive Director. “His tireless dedication is such a great asset to DC’s children. Last year, Ted helped us raise over $1 million in his role as co-chair of our annual Helping Children Soar Benefit, which helped us deepen our impact and put staff on the ground in Ward 7 for the first time.”
In addition to electing a new chairperson, the Board of Directors appointed the following leaders from the corporate and legal fields to join its ranks in 2015:
- Renee DeSilva, Senior Vice President of Marketing at the Advisory Board Company, a global technology, research and consulting firm.
- Creighton Magid, a partner of the Dorsey & Whitney LLP law firm and the head of the firm’s Washington, DC office.
- Evan Miller, a partner in the law firm of Jones Day, where he is co-chair of the firm’s employee benefits and executive compensation practice.
- Deborah Wilson, a principal at Ramshead Advisors, a boutique advisory firm focused on mergers and acquisitions, pricing, due diligence, accounting policy and operational effectiveness for commercial mortgage banking companies.
- Paul Wojcik, who recently retired as Chairman of Bloomberg BNA and currently serves on the Operating Advisory Board of BV Investment Partners, a Boston-based private equity firm.
“I am so pleased to welcome Children’s Law Center’s new board members and their combined wisdom, legal and corporate expertise, and commitment to children in our community,” Sandalow said.
Children’s Law Center reaches over 5,000 children and their families each year, including 1 out of every 8 children in the District’s poorest neighborhoods. Judges, pediatricians and families turn to the organization to be the voice for children who are abused or neglected, who aren’t learning in school, or who have health problems that can’t be solved by medicine alone. Children’s Law Center multiplies this impact by advocating for city-wide solutions that benefit all children.
# # #
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT: Ketayoun Darvich-Kodjouri, 202-467-4900 x576